Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Why Left-Handed Watches for Left-Handed People

Being left-handed myself, I can tell you why it's important to have left-handed watches. It's pretty simple. I want to wear my watch on my right wrist.

For all the same reasons right-handed people wear their watches on their left wrist, I like to wear my watch on my right wrist. If you're part of the minority of left-handed people, this will make sense to you. But, let's help some right-handed people understand as well.

Left-Handed Watches on the Right Wrist


Think about this. You use your left-hand for writing, for holding eating utensils, for cutting, chopping and food prep. Your left hand is more involved in sports activities like throwing, swinging or catching. If you're a crafter, your left hand most often holds scissors, needles, glue, paint brushes, etc.

Now who wants a watch in the way during all of this? Do you really want to drag a watch across what you just wrote? Of course not. That's why a left-handed person wants to wear their watch on their right wrist. Exactly for the same reasons right-handed people wear their watches on their left wrist.

The Dials and Buttons on Left-Handed Watches


Many watches now days work well for both left or right handed people because the buttons are on the face of the watch. Especially digital ones. But many watches with great functions use dials and buttons on the side of the watch.

For me, the big issue came about when I got a watch with a lighted dial. The button to light up the dial was on the side of the watch. I loved the watch, it was a gift from a beloved friend. But, it was a right-handed watch. That marvelous light-up button was on the wrong side.

Luckily for me, and all of us who are left handed, there are plenty of great watches designed with the dials and buttons for use by a lefty. That solved my problem. It can solve yours as well.

So it's time to get yourself a left-handed watch. Or pay attention to a left-handed person you may want to give a gift to. These watches make life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment