Friday, April 4, 2014

Whacky Excuses for Reading Mysteries

I will admit it. I don't really need an excuse to read a good mystery book. But, there are sometimes when it's fun to set aside time, just because. That's where whacky holidays come into play. Yes, that's what I said. Whacky holidays.

There are literally hundreds of whacky holidays. At least in the U.S. And I mean whacky. Like Bubble Bath Day. That's one of my favorites for an excuse to read a mystery novel. Set aside time to luxuriate in a bubble bath while reading. That's sounds great to me.

With the warmer weather on the way, try Iced Tea Day. Imagine curling up in your favorite armchair, a large glass of iced tea sitting by your side and your latest mystery book in your hand. Aha - the perfect excuse to read.

Are you a junk food addict? There is Junk Food Day. Yep, I mean it. Junk Food Day. I'll bet your imagination is already working out how to set that one up.

April is the month to find some really crazy excuses to read. It's Frog Month, National Grilled Cheese Month, National Brussel Sprouts and Cabbage Month. You get the idea.

My favorite site for finding those crazy holidays, which become great excuses for reading mysteries is BrownieLocks. It's that website that gives me so many ideas for fun ways to read. Right, not that I need an excuse. But I take advantage of it anyway.

Just in case you need an excuse, there are plenty. Get creative a bit with this. Pick whacky holidays where you can really enjoy yourself and enjoy your favorite mystery at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment