Monday, February 10, 2014

Discovering the Miss Fortune Mystery Series

Many of you may already know of this great mystery series, but I've only recently discovered Miss Fortune. Jana DeLeon as the talented author, shows you right up front what you are getting. Hilarious mystery stories. The heroine's name is Fortune Redding!

As of this writing, there are 3 in the series, all set in the small town world of the Louisiana Bayou. My dearest wish is that Jana DeLeon is working on the 4th even as we speak! Now, that's saying something about a mystery series.

We're not talking about world literature here. We're talking about armchair mysteries. Those that allow you to curl up in your favorite armchair and spend an afternoon absorbed in the mystery. In other words, pretty easy reading. But, funny reading as well.

The author has a great talent for humor writing, along with good mysteries, plenty of plot twists and perfect layout of settings. Yes, I've been to the Bayou. In fact I still have family there, so I know what of I talk about. Reading the Miss Fortune mysteries took me back to that world so easily.

I think Jana DeLeon got it right with this series. The perfect kind of mysteries to have fun reading. Miss Fortune mystery series.
Those of us who love a good mystery with plenty of clues that make sense will love the

The first two in the series, Louisiana Longshot and Lethal Bayou Beauty  are reviewed at Mystery Book World Live. The third in the series is Swamp Sniper. Another worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment